Support Mountain Youth School
As a small, rural school with a high percentage of students at or below the poverty level, Mountain Youth School is continually working to find "alternative" ways to support our students' educational and personal needs. As a staff, we write a number of grants each year to fund anything from thematic units to field trips to classroom materials. With the loss of much-needed funding at the state level, there are many easy things parents and the public can do to support our school at little or no cost, with huge dividends to students' education! Here are a few ways you can help:
- Ingles Advantage Card and Tools for Schools: Link your Ingles Advantage card to Mountain Youth School and automatically generate points that earn free school supplies for our school every time you shop! It's easy and free ... just register your card online or by mail, and every time you scan it at the cash register, your purchase will earn points for our school. Register your card online by clicking here:Ingles Tools for Schools
- General Mills Box Tops for Education: Bring or send us Box Tops that you clip off of items you already purchase. Every Box Top earns our school $0.10! For a list of items that include Box Tops, click here: Box Tops for Education
- Greenhouse Program: Our student-led greenhouse program offers a variety of vegetables, fruits, herbs, and flowering plants each year. Because it is a self-sustaining program, our annual offerings are based on sales from the previous year. Many of our neighbors purchase starter plants for their gardens here. Prices are competitive with those of local home improvement stores, and all proceeds support the school. Find out more about our greenhouse program here.
- Food and Clothing Donations: Mountain Youth School offers a need-based food pantry and clothing closet completely furnished by individuals, church groups, and local non-profit organizations. Items vary based on donations, but we always try to keep a supply of non-perishable food for underprivileged families. We routinely need canned soups and vegetables, cereals, and boxed pastas/dinners, as well as toiletries and seasonal clothing. On occasion, we can accept refrigerated or frozen items if notified in advance. Please call the school at (828) 837-6775 or e-mail email@example.com for more information. Donations are tax-deductible.
- Fund-raisers: This year, we are exploring the possibility of offering fund-raisers! Please call the school or check back soon for details.